Monday, January 26, 2009

Journal Question #1 Nellita, the person who influenced my life
















I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people until now but, I could say that Nelly has been the person who influenced my life. She helped me to understand the "huge problems of my existence" when I was a tenneger, at least to solve them in a smartest way, to be positive and, to trust in God.

In 1993, the year I met Nelly, my family was suffering serious problems because of our poor economic conditions. Fortunately, in Nelly's class everything seem to have a solution in this life. She was (and still is) the kind of person that always looked happy and enthusiastic. Everybody in my primary school admired her and, she was like the perfect female role model to imitate.

One of the things that helped me to believe in myself was Nelly's family stories. Nelly has six siblings and I just have one brother and one sister; Nelly was always sharing her own experience on how to succeed in life. Five or ten minutes before she finished her class, she used to tell us incredible stories about how her mother guide her entire family in order to race professionals no matter their pathetic economic condition. So, after Nelly’s class I was convinced that I was going to reach my goals in life. She clearly adviced to work hard in order to get whatever I wanted in this world.

Now, I have stability in my life. Probably I wouldn’t get my Bachelor’s degree without Nelly’s support. My dear Nelly, who cried a lot when I came to this country, is not only my best friend but also, the older sister that drastically changed my perspective of a happy life.

1 comment:

  1. You are very blessed to have someone who supports you like this in your life!

    ReplyDelete