Sunday, February 8, 2009

Journal Question # 3



I was 13 years old when started to be a member of the Scouts Association in my country, El Salvador. I grew up with 26 boys and 6 girls, had unforgettable adventures with them, and met great leaders in the 39 Troop . When I was 16, I had to be part of the Explorer Scouts (which is a branch for girls and boys from ages 15 to 18). In this group, we were just 15 to 20 people (my best friend and I were the only girls at that time). We had great moments because our leaders taught us to treat each other as brothers and sisters. For that reason, the boys were always taking care of us and of course, it was an unforggetable experience.

We used to spend 3 to 5 days in the mountains in order to “clean” our lungs. We also used to watch the stars “falling” from the sky, walked to the nearest river and town, slept long hours in camping the tends, etc.

On day, we went on a camping trip to Chalatenango, the highest town in El Salvador. The second day of that camping, José and Erick were smoking inside one of our tends, and the rest of the group was cooking lunch at around 2:00 p.m. Of a sudden, the two smoking guys came to the kitchen (laughing a lot) and José started to apologize with my friend Margarita. Since everybody was starving, we simply ignored their weird reaction.

After the lunch, Margarita and I decided to take a shower. We were preparing our things when… Margarita realized her underwear was burned with hot ash! So, she started to say “this #@% José!!.” I couldn’t resist and started to laugh A LOT, but she was very upset! When we went out of the camping tend, EVERYBODY was laughing and laughing. Margarita ignored them and kept on walking to the showers.

When we were in the shower, she told me she was going to find the way to get her revenge. So, when we went back to the camping area, everybody was playing cards in the kitchen. Margarita asked someone to borrow her a lighter, but she just got some matches. Then, she asked me to keep an eye in the entrance so she could look for Jose’s underwear inside the tend! I started to laugh, and she was so nervous that she could not light up the match!. Some minutes later, because of our loudly laughs, everybody knew that Margarita accomplished her revenge and all of us started to point, laugh and say funny things to José.

But the comic story did not end with José. Richard, went into his tend to get something from his backpack. He realized that Margarita chose the ground underwear! So, he went out of the tend, showing his burned underwear (with a big hole in the middle of the back side) and started to scream, “Hey, %#$! Margarita, you burned my underwear!!!” And once again, we started to laugh A LOT because of the misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment