Monday, February 16, 2009

Journal Question #4


Different Types Of Love

Love, a wonderful and irresistible feeling in life. I have felt deeply in love twice. I experienced butterflies in my stomach with my first boyfriend, and I had really great moments with my last boyfriend (2 years ago). The last one, ay! the last one… as Nazareth, the Scottish rock band, says:
“Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts…”

Of course, there are different types of love and you can perceive the difference among those loves. The love you feel about your parents, the love for your siblings and wonderful love you share with your close friends.
The love you feel about your parents depends on different circumstances. When you are a teenager, you have the silly feeling like if “nobody likes you”, but little by little you realized that your parents are always supporting you. Definitely, that unconditional love they feel about their children makes the difference in our life. Some people are not lucky to experience this kind of love, but as soon as they become parents, it is awesome to see them sharing a lot of love and patience to their own babies.

The love you experience with your siblings is weird sometimes, especially if you do not ‘understand’ them. But, most of the time you realized you love your siblings when you maybe they are experimenting a difficult situation, when they are badly sick or simply because you are far away from them. Most of the time, people that have been an only child in their families used to have a lot of babies because they say they were always ‘alone’ Thanks God, that was not my case.

The last but not least, is the love related to your friends. Wow! That kind of love is wonderful! I met my first girlfriend when I was in first grade. It was nice to share what we had in our lunch boxes and to work together in the same table; that was the most pure and innocent relation to me. My second friend was really wonderful, too. I met her in the Scouts Association (the one that burned the underwear, remembered?) We had unforgettable moments until we started studying different fields of study in college. Now, I am lucky to have a nice, crazy, and wonderful friend that loves me like her sister. Nelly is the person that I miss the most in this country. Of course, there is a moment in which you miss those great moments with your friends ☹. You would like to go back in time to once again, have fun with your lovely friends. Unfortunately, traveling to past is not possible. For this reason, you need to live your life as if it is going to be the last second, minute or day of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment